Alopecia areata is a type of hair loss that occurs when your immune system mistakenly attacks hair follicles camera.gif, which is where hair growth begins. The damage to the follicle is usually not permanent. Experts do not know why the immune system attacks the follicles. Alopecia areata is most common in people younger than 20, but children and adults of any age may be affected. Women and men are affected equally.
Symptoms of Alopecia Areata:
- Hair loss is usually the only symptom. A few people may also feel a burning sensation or itching.
- Alopecia areata usually begins as one to two patches of hair loss. Hair loss, is most often seen on the scalp. It may also occur in the beard, eyebrows, and arms or legs in some people.
- Patches where hair has fallen out are smooth and round in shape. They may be peach-colored. Hairs that look like exclamation points are sometimes seen at the edges of a bald patch. Alopecia Areata most often affects the scalp and beard, but may occur on any hair-bearing part of the body. Different skin areas can exhibit hair loss and regrowth at the same time. The disease may also go into remission for a time, or may be permanent. It is common in children.
- Loss of all scalp hair, often within 6 months after symptoms first start
- Loss of all scalp and body hair
- The area of hair loss may tingle or be painful.
- Exclamation point hairs, narrower along the length of the strand closer to the base, producing a characteristic "exclamation point" appearance, are often present.
- When healthy hair is pulled out, at most a few should come out, and ripped hair should not be distributed evenly across the tugged portion of the scalp. In cases of Alopecia areata, hair will tend to pull out more easily along the edge of the patch where the follicles are already being attacked by the body's immune system than away from the patch where they are still healthy.
- Nails may have pitting or trachyonychia.
Homeopathy treatment helps for Alopecia areata. And helps to prevent further recurrence also.
Whom to contact for Acne Treatment
Vivekanantha Clinic Homeopathy Specialist doctor Treats many cases of all types of Alopecia areata in his experience with successful results. Many patients get relief after taking treatment from our clinic. Doctor visits Chennai at Vivekanantha Homeopathy Clinic, Velachery, Chennai 42. To get appointment please call 9786901830, +91 94430 54168 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org,
For more details & Consultation Feel free to contact us.
Vivekanantha Clinic Consultation Champers at
Pondicherry:- 9865212055 (Camp)
Mail : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
For appointment please Call us or Mail Us
For appointment: SMS your Name -Age – Mobile Number - Problem in Single word - date and day - Place of appointment (Eg: Rajini - 99xxxxxxx0 – Alopecia areata – 21st Oct, Sunday - Chennai ), You will receive Appointment details through SMS