Fissure in Ano
An anal fissure is synonymous with fissure in ano. It is an elongated ulcer in the long axis of the lower anal canal. It is one of the most painful conditions resulting in a lot of discomfort and embarrassment to the patient.
Symptoms of Fissure
This condition is more common in women and generally occurs during the meridian of life.
- Sharp, agonizing pain during defecation and great integrity, may last for an hour or more. The patient is comfortable until the next defecation, periods of remission occur for days or weeks.
- Due to severe pain during defecation, the patient tends to become constipated. He has to take some laxative to move his bowels.
- This is painful, occurs at the end of defecation. It does not cause anemia.
- A slight discharge accompanies fully established cases. This causes itching.
Causes of Fissure in Ano
- Chronic constipation: Due to overeating, eating a diet that is less in fiber (in a non–vegetarian diet) leads to constipation. Hard stools cause damage to anal epithelium, leading to fissures.
- An incorrectly performed operation causes hemorrhoids in which much skin is removed. This results in anal stenosis and tearing of the scar when hard stools are passed.
- Inflammatory bowel diseases, particularly Cohn’s disease.
- Sexually transmitted diseases.
Every patient of anal fissure lands into a vicious cycle.
Cases of fissure in ano can be categorized into acute and chronic – depending on the duration of the disease.
Homeopathy medicines treatment helps for anal fissure without surgery
For treatment please contact us
Vivekanantha Clinic Consultation Champers at
Chennai:- 9786901830 (Head office)
Pondicherry:- 9865212055 (Branch office)
Vivekanantha Clinic Health Line
For appointment please Call us or Mail Us
Consultation by Appointment only