Anal Fistula is an abnormal passage (communication) between the interior of the anal canal or rectum and the skin surface. Rarer forms may communicate with the vagina or other pelvic structures, including the bowel.
Fistula-in-ano is nearly always caused by a previous ano rectal abscess. Main cause of this is an injury at external anal area due to scratching, shaving and infected hair roots etc. After injury, infection occurs and an abscess is formed. Usually that abscess drains spontaneously making an opening which may be a Fistula in ano. Fistulas may occur singly or in multiples.
- Symptoms are usually a purulent discharge and drainage of pus or stool near the anus, which can irritate the outer tissues causing itching and discomfort.
- Pain occurs when fistulas become blocked and abscesses recur.
- Gas may also escape from the fistulous tract.
- A fistula-in-ano is diagnosed when a probe has been passed between the opening on the skin's surface and the interior opening.
- Fistula in ano generally presents as a small boil - like opening around the anus at a distance of few mm. to couple of inches, in any direction.
- Pus or blood keeps on oozing out of this opening, continuously.
Patients often give a history of previous pain, swelling, and spontaneous or planned surgical drainage of an anorectal abscess.
Ano Rectal Abscess
An anal abscess is an infected cavity filled with pus found near the anus (the opening of the anal canal) or rectum (the portion of large intestine just proximal to the anal canal). This can results from a blockage of the anal glands located just inside the anus.
An abscess produces pain and swelling near the anal opening. Fever may also be present
Most of the patients suffer with recurrent fistula even after surgery. Homeopathy medicines treatment helps for Fistula without surgery.
For treatment please contact us
Vivekanantha Clinic Consultation Champers at
Chennai:- 9786901830 (Head office)
Pondicherry:- 9865212055 (Branch office)
76 6720 9080
Vivekanantha Clinic 24*7 Health Line
For appointment please Call us or Mail Us
Consultation by Appointment only