Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
An enlarged prostate is the slow growth of the prostate gland, which is involved in the production of semen and reproductive function in men. The prostate wraps around the tube that transports urine out of the bladder. It is very common for the prostate gland to become enlarged as a man ages. An enlarged prostate is also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). BPH is generally not caused by infection or cancer.
Some facts about prostate enlargement:
- The likelihood of developing enlarged prostate increases with age.
- BPH is so common that it has been said all men will have an enlarged prostate if they live long enough.
- A small amount of prostate enlargement is present in many men over age 40 and more than 90% of men over age 80.
- No risk factors have been identified other than having normally functioning testicles.
- Less than half of all men with BPH have symptoms of the disease, which include:
- Dribbling at the end of urinating
- Inability to urinate (urinary retention)
- Incomplete emptying of your bladder
- Needing to urinate two or more times per night
- Pain with urination or bloody urine (these may indicate infection)
- Slowed or delayed start of the urinary stream
- Straining to urinate
- Strong and sudden urge to urinate
- Weak urine stream
Treatment for enlarged prostate will vary depending on the severity of the symptoms. Symptomatic Homeopathy medicines help for BPH.
Vivekanantha Clinic Consultation Champers at
Chennai:- 9786901830 (Head office)
Pondicherry:- 9865212055 (Branch office)
76 6720 9080
Vivekanantha Clinic 24*7 Health Line
For appointment please Call us or Mail Us
Consultation by Appointment only