Urticaria – Hives
Urticaris or Hives are red, itchy welts on the skin that come and go over the course of minutes or hours. All types of hives can cause itching. They usually form on the skin but sometimes hives form in the soft tissue of the mouth, eyes and throat.
- Hives are the result of an allergic reaction in the skin.
- They are caused by the release of histamine. Histamine is released when a person's immune system tries to fight a foreign substance.
- The release of histamine causes inflammation in the skin.
Causes and risks
There are several known factors that cause histamines to be released, and hives to form. These include:
- Allergy to medications or substances in the environment
- Acute or chronic infections
- Underlying systemic disease such as asthma, a condition that causes inflammation and obstruction of the airways in the lungs
- Blood products given intravenously, or into the vein
- Heat or cold
- Exposure to sunlight
Hives are characterized by itchy red welts and swelling of facial features. Hives can cause a reaction that involves the whole body, not just the skin. This is called anaphylaxis. This is the emergency medical condition. Patients need to go hospital immediately
Homeopathy treatment helps for Chronic Urticaria without side effects
For treatment please contact us
Vivekanantha Clinic Consultation Champers at
Chennai:- 9786901830 (Head office)
Pondicherry:- 9865212055 (Branch office)
76 6720 9080
Vivekanantha Clinic 24*7 Health Line
For appointment please Call us or Mail Us
Consultation by Appointment only