Memory loss (amnesia) is unusual forgetfulness. The cause determines whether amnesia comes on slowly or suddenly, and whether it is temporary or permanent.
Normal aging may lead to trouble learning new material or requiring a longer time to remember learned material. However, it does not lead to dramatic memory loss unless diseases are involved.
- Alzheimer's disease
- Brain damage due to disease or injury
- Brain growths (caused by tumors or infection)
- Brain infections such as Lyme disease or syphilis
- Depression or emotional trauma
- Drugs such as barbiturates or benzodiazepines
- Electroconvulsive therapy (especially if it is long-term)
- Encephalitis of any type (herpes, West Nile, Eastern Equine)
- General anesthetics such as halothane, isoflurane, and fentanyl
- Head trauma or injury
- Hysteria, often accompanied by confusion
- Illness that results in the loss of nerve cells (neurodegenerative illness)
- Nutritional problems (vitamin deficiencies such as low vitamin B12)
- If you are calling the florist, you look up the phone number and remember it long enough to place the call. Once you have finished the call, the information vanishes. If you were interrupted before making the call, you may lose this material.
- This category preserves the recent past, such as what you had for breakfast today, or the outfit that you wore a few days ago.
- This records the distant past. These memories, learned 10 or 20 years ago, form your knowledge base. This category can include snatches of a conversation or a tune from your high school fight song. Other information in this memory store shapes your personal history, such as what you were doing the day President John Kennedy was assassinated.
Homeopathy medicines along with psychological guidance helps for memory loss
For treatment please contact us
Vivekanantha Clinic Consultation Champers at
Chennai:- 9786901830 (Head office)
Pondicherry:- 9865212055 (Branch office)
76 6720 9080
Vivekanantha Clinic 24*7 Health Line
For appointment please Call us or Mail Us
Consultation by Appointment only