Dandruff, also known as scurf or Pityriasis simplex capillitii, affects the scalp and causes flakes of skin to appear - it is a common condition. Our skin cells are forever renewing themselves. When the skin cells on our scalp are renewed the old ones are pushed to the surface and out of the scalp. For a person with dandruff the renewal is faster, meaning more dead skin is shed, making the dandruff more noticeable.
Dandruff can also occur if the scalp is frequently exposed to extreme temperatures.
- One common manifestation of seborrhea that affects the scalp is dandruff.
- Scalp seborrhea can also present as thick, flaky, localized patches of scale.
- On the face, seborrhea produces reddish-brown, dry-looking, or thick, greasy scales on the eyebrows, sides of the nose, and behind the ears.
- Reddish, scaly patches may also appear in the folds of skin mentioned above. Although skin affected by seborrhea may feel "dry," moisturizing only makes them redder.
Individuals with dandruff of the scalp may have red, flaky, greasy patches of skin.
There are while flakes of skin on the scalp, and in the person's hair
- Flakes may be oily looking
- Head may feel tight and itchy
- Head may feel tingly
- Head may feel sore
- Red, flaky, greasy patches of skin
- Crusting and scaling rash on scalp
Homeopathy treatment helps for Chronic and Acute Dandruff.
For treatment please contact us
Vivekanantha Clinic Consultation Champers at
Chennai:- 9786901830 (Head office)
Pondicherry:- 9865212055 (Branch office)
Vivekanantha Clinic Health Line
For appointment please Call us or Mail Us
Consultation by Appointment only