Common warts are local growths in the skin that are caused by human papilloma virus (HPV) infection. Although they are considered to be contagious, it is very common for just one family member to have them. In addition, they often affect just one part of the body (such as the hands or the feet) without spreading over time to other areas.
Types of common warts
There is the familiar type of dome-shaped warts on the backs of fingers, toes, and knees.
- Plantar warts are found on the bottom of the foot. (The "plantar" part of the foot. These are not "Planter's warts.")
- Flat ("plane") warts may arise on the face, legs, and other parts of the body, often in large numbers.
- Periungual warts are warts around or under the nail.
- Filiform warts typically appear as a single long stalk, often on the face.
Symptoms Of Warts
- Warts usually appear as rough elevations on the skin and come in various shapes and sizes. These are most commonly seen on the fingers, elbows, knees, face, scalp and soles of the feet. Common warts occur on the backs of the hands and on the fingers.
- Broken skin is a common place for these warts to grow.
- Foot warts cause a lot of pain and make it difficult to walk.
- Flat warts are those that occur in large numbers, in any part of the body.
- Genital warts, on the other hand, are amongst the most common sexually transmitted diseases (STD) affecting people today.
Treatment for warts
Mostly general physicians suggest surgery for warts, but even after surgery many patients have the recurrence. So medicines treatment is the best choice. Homeopathy medicines help for warts without surgery.
For treatment please contact us
Vivekanantha Clinic Consultation Champers at
Chennai:- 9786901830 (Head office)
Pondicherry:- 9865212055 (Branch office)
Vivekanantha Clinic Health Line
For appointment please Call us or Mail Us
Consultation by Appointment only